You can use garlic to get rid of many insects, from slugs to mosquitoes. Garlic can help prevent people from mosquito bites. You can do this by simply consuming more garlic in spring and summer seasons. And fall and winter for prevention of cold and flu.
The smell of garlic is because of its sulphur content and can be reduced by chewing fresh parsley(which is also good for us). Eat the garlic lightly cooked or have one clove in its natural state, raw. It has more effects raw than dried as powder or in capsules or fully cooked. I recommend garlics so much as to say don't marry someone that does not like garlics and onions for two reasons: One; since they don't eat garlic they most likely are not healthy. Second; they prevent you from eating them too or you feel bad to eat them because of its smell! If two people eat garlic they cannot smell it on each other.
- Eat a healthy diet: Focus on fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. Include one time per week lean meat, three times per week lean poultry, two times per week small and oily fish, few times per week beans, eggs, and nuts. Eat foods low in saturated fats, trans fats, cholesterol, salt, and added sugars.
- Be physically active: If you are not already physically active, start small and work up to 30 minutes or more of moderate physical activity most days of the week. Walking briskly, mowing the lawn, gardening, dancing, swimming, and bicycling are just a few examples of moderate physical activity.
- Stay at a healthy weight: Balance the calories you take in from food with the calories you burn off by your activities. Check here many calculators to help you. Have your body mass index (BMI) calculated to screen for obesity. (BMI is a measure of body fat based on height and weight.) You can find your own BMI with the BMI calculator on this site. A simple test for this is a good waist with no belly fat.
- Sanitary conditions: Wash your hands with regular soap as often as you can. If you go to the doctor's office or hospital be careful of the sanitary conditions there.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation: Have no more than one drink a day. A standard drink is one 12-ounce bottle of beer or wine cooler, one 5-ounce glass of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits.
- Do not smoke: Tobacco use is a leading cause of heart disease and cancer. Learn from other people that kicked the habit. For tips on how to quit call the National Quit line: 1-800-QUITNOW.
- Breast health(women): If your mother, sister, or daughter has had breast cancer, have mammogram earlier than recommended times. check with your doctor about whether you should take medicines to prevent breast cancer.
- Estrogen Use for Menopause (Hormone Replacement Therapy-women): Do this only with natural remedies. Do not use estrogen for the prevention of cardiovascular disease or other diseases.
- Tests and Drugs: Limit amount of x-rays and body scans in your life time to very few if you can. Do not use antibiotic drugs so often that your body gets used to them. Also try to use natural remedies to prevent and remedy simple illnesses.
- Immunizations: Older people need a flu shot every year. You can prevent other serious diseases, such as pneumonia, whooping cough, and shingles, by being vaccinated. Talk to your doctor or nurse about the vaccines you need and when to get them.
- Breast Cancer(women): Have a mammogram every 1 to 2 years.
- Cervical Cancer(women): Have a Pap smear every 1 to 3 years if you have ever been sexually active. If you are older than 65 and recent Pap smears before you turned 65 were normal, you do not need a Pap smear.
- Colon screening: Have a test for colon polyps or cancer. Your doctor can help you decide which test is right for you.
- Emotional Health: Your emotional health is as important as your physical health. Make sure you get a sound sleep every night. Everyday make sure you surround yourself with happy people and when you get a chance laugh, laugh and laugh. If you have been sad, or hopeless over the last 2 weeks or have felt little interest or pleasure in doing things, you may be depressed. Talk to your doctor about being screened for depression.
- Diabetes: Take this seriously. Have a blood test for diabetes if you have high blood pressure.
- Blood Pressure: Have your blood pressure checked every year. High blood pressure is 140/90 or higher.
- Cholesterol: Have your cholesterol checked regularly. High cholesterol level is over 200.
- HIV/Sexually Transmitted Infections: Talk with your doctor about HIV/Sexually Transmitted Infection screening if any of these apply:
Osteoporosis (Bone Thinning-mostly women): Have a bone density test at age 55 to screen for osteoporosis. If you are younger than 55, talk to your doctor about whether you should be tested. You may need to have this test again after 4 or more years.
- You have had unprotected sex with multiple partners.
- You have used or now use injection drugs.
- You exchange sex for money or drugs or have sex partners who do.
- You have past or present sex partners who are HIV-infected, are bisexual, or use injection drugs.
- You are being treated for sexually transmitted diseases.
- You had a blood transfusion between 1978 and 1985
- Education: Educate yourself with natural remedies using good old advise here at http://momsremedies.blogspot.com
Every body is different. Always feel free to ask your doctor or nurse about being checked for any condition, not just the ones above. If you are worried about diseases such as glaucoma or skin cancer, for example, ask your doctor about them. And always tell your doctor about any changes in your health, including your vision and hearing.
Avoiding the allergen is the most effective treatment, but usually not possible all of the time. If you’re unable to stay indoors to ride out the season, then you will need to figure out how to best manage your allergies. Let's learn how you can eliminate or reduce your allergies:
- Filter the air in your house and car by using air conditioning or air purifiers. Use a micron allergy-grade filter in your ventilation system.
- Rather than carpet, choose hard floor surfaces such as tile or wood where mold and dust mites cannot thrive.
- Make sure your home doesn’t have places where moisture collects to avoid mold growth. If you come back to your bathroom next day and you feel it is still wet or damp; you probably producing a lot of mold. It takes only one day for mold to develop.
A saline solution can be used to rinse out your nasal passages. This will clear mucus and washes away allergens, therefore reducing their impact on your nose. It also helps reduce the risk of bacterial infections. Which in turn helps many people to avoid using antibiotics.
The simplest way to rinse out the nasal passage is with the neti pot. It looks like a little tea pot. It originates from a centuries old yoga tradition known as Hala neti. Always follow product instructions on how to prepare the saline solution and make sure you follow the recommended techniques for proper irrigation. Many allergy sufferers have found nasal irrigation to be the single most important thing in their seasonal allergy-fighting arsenal.
ABC signs of a healthy person!
- Eyes should be shiny and the whites should be white.
- Hair should be shiny.
- Nails should be without white spots, smooth and strong.
- When openning and closing the mouth one should not hear a click.
- When you get up in the morning, your body should be rested and not in pain.
- You should not get up with a headache.
- You should not be tired all the time.
- You should be able to sleep very well at night.
- You have to eliminate at least once a day(some say three times!!).The eliminations have to stay on top of the water, not to sink in the bottom. It should be thick and not cut up in very small pieces.
- The color of your urine should be light, clear and not cloudy. (If you have certain foods or vitamins, the strong urine color is normal when you eat these foods)
- The color of your tongue should be a nice flesh color red.
- You should not have dark colors under your eyes.
- You should not get irritated very easily.